vision and aims
At the Acorn Childcare Centre, we aim to provide a high-quality, safe and caring environment for your child, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or disability. We will nurture your child’s development through play.
- Community – We wish to provide outstanding childcare via an approachable and highly-qualified team. We maintain strong links with Malcolm Sargent Primary School, through which staff members are able to facilitate and support the children’s transition to their first year of school in the Foundation Stage.
- Learn – The children will learn in a safe, fun, stimulating and caring environment. They will be encouraged to be independent in their thinking and learning. We will ensure that they develop the confidence and enthusiasm to learn.
- Healthy – Children learn best when they are safe and secure. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility throughout the entire staff, from apprentices through to the Centre Managers and Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Outstanding – Through our first-class management, we will become an outstanding setting.
- Parent Partnerships – We will respect the parents as the child’s first educator and work in partnership with them to support the children’s learning within both the home and the Centre in an approachable manner.
- Strong Team – We achieve this through reflective practice, motivating and supporting staff members in their learning and development. We will take advantage of all development opportunities including involving the staff members in team-building activities.